Monday, August 8, 2016

Review - Sapphire Blue

Original Title: Saphirblau
SeriesEdelstein-Trilogie, #1 (Precious Stone Trilogy #2)
Author: Kerstin Gier
Published: January 5th 2010
Publisher: Arena 

I loved it! I devoured it! I couldn't put it down!
The saga only got better, and better. It had that effect in which you forget you are reading, and the words simply create the movie in your head!

I turned the pages because I needed it! I had to know more. I loved the characters, and Xemerius, definitely, is the best addition in the whole trilogy. His interventions had me laughing out loud, he's one of those characters that can light even the darkest mood! 

In Sapphire Blue, Gwendolyn and Gideon's adventures through time continue, and this time, the responsibilities fall in Gwen's shoulders heavier than ever, because, in a few days, she needs to learn everything her cousin Charlotte (the one who supposedly carried the time travel gen in the family) learned almost since birth (like history, dancing the minuet... everything that can help her fit in the 18th century), at the same time dealing with a mission she doesn't truly understands, involving going over and over to the past, to find the other travellers, scattered through history, to ask for a bit of their blood, to add it to the cronograph, and finally close the Circle of Twelve. Personally, I enjoy very, very much, the visits to Madame Rossini's atelier, because of an insane, but amazing, love I feel for period clothing. Authenticité! (oh, and the idea of a corset made out of carbon fiber it's something I applaud; really original).

The love story was sweet, Gideon really knows how to win a girl's heart, but it didn't fully... How to say it? Well... it didn't truly hooked me, I was more worried about Lucy and Paul, the cronograph, the other travellers, and the count of St. Germain, if you know what I mean... It was lovely, don't get me wrong, but I was more interested in the whole time travel plot than in how much time they spent kissing while elapsing. But that doesn't took away the five big stars I give to it.

The only thing I wish is that we could know also the other travellers, the ones listed, but never visited (at least, not in a scene we could read), like Opal, Cornelian, Aquamarine... Though, besides that, it was truly a travelling experience. Both for Gwen and Gideon, and for me, passing the pages. I truly felt like I was there, with them, in the soirée, and with her every time she visited... that someone you will know about when you read it, while elapsing.

It has everything a book needs to have to make you keep turning the pages. I loved it! The whole saga made me hold my breath until the very last word! Read it, you won't regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment